Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
3 table spoons of olive oil, divided
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 small sweet onion
2 table spoons of fresh garlic
1 table spoon of fresh ginger
1 table spoon of Hot Curry Powder (here)
3⁄4 cup of water
1⁄4 cup of coconut milk
2 table spoons of fresh cilantro.
- Place 2 table spoons of oil over medium to high place in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken and roast for about 10 minutes until the thighs are
browned all over.
- Remove the chicken on a plate with tongs and set aside.
- In the skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté the onion,
garlic and ginger for atleast 3 minutes or until softened.
- Remove the curry powder, water and milk from the coconut.
- Go back to the skillet with the chicken and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the skillet and cook for 26 minutes or until
the chicken is tender and the sauce is thick. Serve with cilantro on hand.
NUTRITION: Fat 13 g Carbohydrate: 2 g Phosphorus 136 mg Potassium
230 mg Sodium 86 mg Protein 26 Smart Points: 4