Preparation Time: 8-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
3/4 pound lean sirloin beef
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 cups broccoli florets
1 cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium
2 ½ tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoon canola oil
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- Combine the 2 tablespoons cornstarch and salt; coat the beef with it.
- Take a skillet or saucepan (medium size preferable); heat it over a
medium cooking flame.
- Add the oil and heat it.
- Put the beef and cook, while stirring, until turns evenly brown for 3-4
minutes. Set the beef aside.
- Add ½ cup of the broth, broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes. Simmer the mix for 1 more
- Take a mixing bowl (either medium or large size), add in the rest of the
broth, soy sauce, and rest of the cornstarch in the bowl to mix well with
- Turn down heat; cover & simmer for 1 minute. Mix in the broth mix
and beef; serve warm.
NUTRITION: Calories 253 Fat 11g Saturated Fats 3g Carbohydrates 7g
Fiber 1g Sodium 753mg Protein 27g Smart Points: 6